Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2014

Gentleman Jim

Trifecta

Jim Reeves - girls i have known LP - ??? RCA Camden CDS 6006 (e)
Jim Reeves - songs to warm the heart LP - 1972 RCA Camden CDS 1099, Camden CDS 1099
Jim Reeves - my friend LP - 1972 RCA Victor LSP-4646












































As far as I know this guy released his first single in the late '40s and although categorised as Country did not record the kind one would usually associate with that era. He is actually more of a Crooner.
I have to admit though that I am not the biggest fan. A lot of his records just pass you by with nothing sticking out to latch on to you to drag you along. Still I do have 10 to 15 of his LPs now and will most likely keep buying more.







































Girls I Have Known is a repress of the 1958 original that nobody seems to remember when it was made.
Songs To Warm The Heart is a 1972 repress of the 1959 original.
My Friend is an original 1972 US pressing with the only other version of that record having been released the same year in Australia.

42 years old. At least two of them. The music of two of those dates back to almost 60 years ago. And still there are people who enjoy this. I don't think this will be the case with todays popular Artists.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen